Thursday, June 30, 2011

Making my mark

It's always a bit of a dilemma. I love gadgets. Anything that might make things easier or more efficient or improve the quality of my craft is always intriguing. But I've also been a bit disappointed when whatever nifty tool I've picked up doesn't actually make things easier, more efficient, or improve the quality of my craft. Hmphf.

As a result, I find myself fairly skeptical. This especially holds true when it comes to marking my projects for quilting. I've used a variety of products with some success such as air or water soluble marking pens, tape, and chalk. These have all been acceptable in various applications and not so great in others.

One tool I really REALLY like though, is my hera marker.


The first time I saw one of these I was all, "Yeah, right. There is no way that will never work for marking a quilt top." Then I tried it and WOW. It's amazing.

I love that it doesn't make a permanent mark on the fabric and because of the pressure being made in the material it actually gives you some sense of the depth that the quilting will create.


So, if you've never tried a hera marker before, give it a go and see if it works as well for you!


3 comments:

  1. Whoa. And, that is gonna look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need to bring the finished object to show n tell. I also need to get your hera marker tips at the next All Day Sew since my one attempt at using mine resulting in no lines at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my hera marker! Nearly but not quite as much as my recipe box x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!